Dave and I have actually never celebrated Valentine’s Day properly. (Whatever properly is.) When we were dating he always seemed to be at a convention on the 14th so we would go out to dinner on the 13th instead. (I highly recommend this by the way – nice restaurants are typically dead on the 13th, or at the very least a lot less crowded.)
Over time our verve for Valentine’s Day gradually declined. He bought me some jewelry the first few years of our marriage. And then some cheesy heart-shaped boxes of chocolate. Our dinners out on the 13th morphed to candle lit dinners at home with the kids sent to our room to watch a movie.
We’re celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary in March and it would be fair to say that our Valentine’s Day celebrations have grown a bit stale. So when I was invited to attend MIXIM’s Valentine’s Day Love Boat event on the Queen Mary in Long Beach, I thought to myself, “You know, that actually sounds like fun.”
What the heck is this party I was invited to you ask? Well, MIXIM is a Greek yogurt new to the United States. It comes in an adorable heart-shaped container.
To introduce the product they are throwing one heck of a cool party on the Queen Mary. And the great news is, you can come too. For free! That’s right, for FREE! All you have to do is mention MIXIM when you get there.
So, why would you want to schlep all the way out to the Queen Mary on Valentine’s Day you ask? I’ll tell you why…
- Free admission to the Queen Mary (a $24.95 value)
- You’ll be one of the first people to try MIXIM yogurt in flavors like:
- Decadent and dessert-like: Cherry and Dark Chocolate Curls; Raspberry with Dark and White Chocolate Curls
- Take-me-away tropical: Mango & Pineapple with Coconut & Almonds; Honey with Coconut & Almonds
- Fruity-crunchy: Strawberries and Granola; Blackberry & Pomegranate with Granola & Dried Fruits
- The awesome Journey-tribute band Don’t Stop Believin’ will be performing. (I know, right?!)
- There will be a spectacular fireworks show
- At 7:00 we are going to attempt a world record of the most number of couples simultaneously spoon feeding each other yogurt and Ehrmann MIXIM will donate $20,000 to The Children’s Heart Foundation. (That’s right, people, I’m going to be in the Guinness Book of World Records. HA!)
- Chance to win CASH prizes!
Does that sound like a good time or what?! Wanna join me? Just click this link to RSVP.
And speaking of prizes click on the picture below to enter to win a night out on MIXIM a month with your Valentine for a year, PLUS a monthly delivery of MIXIM yogurt. This prize is worth $2,500! Who wouldn’t want to win that?
So, seriously, doesn’t this sound way more fun than me and Dave sending the kids to the back of the house and having another date night in? This sounds like a Valentine adventure! (And I really do hope some of you will join me – come on – you can have your date-night-in or go to an overcrowded over-priced restaurant next year!)
And one last thing… For every image uploaded on Valentine’s Day with the #MIXIMLOVE hashtag, Ehrmann will donate an additional $1 to Children’s Heart Foundation, for a total contribution of up to $25,000! (Now that is something that will make everyone’s heart happy!)
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post for Ehrmann MIXIM.